ECOTIC provides monthly monitoring of the WEEE flow reported in its system alongside other operational steps and documentation through its Representatives Area. The high frequency of monitoring actions, over 200 visits annually, guarantees the fulfillment of the quality requirements in the processes performed by the ECOTIC counterparts that perform the operations of collection, treatment, recycling, recovery and environmentally sound disposal of WEEE.
The monitoring field activity aims to check the compliance of the operating partners as to the requirements imposed by the legislation in force, that is transposed at the contractual level as follows:
1. MONTHLY ANALYSIS of documents, at the ECOTIC operators headquarters
The Area Representatives check all the documents that accompany the WEEE reports on ECOTIC system, providing the following:
- Proof that the WEEE transportation of hazardous / non-hazardous substances is done according to the Romanian specific legal requirements;
- Existence of all the permits that are necessary for the WEEE generators and for the operators receiving them fractions resulting from the treatment process
- Fulfillment of all legal requirements regarding waste traceability from the production place to the final recycling facility.
- Compliance with all the requirements of the manufacturers / distributors who are in the ECOTIC system;
2. MONTHLY WEEE STORAGE reports in ECOTIC system
ECOTIC representatives permanently ensure that the minimum storage requirements of WEEE and components are met. The following conditions are requested:
- storage on impervious surfaces;
- WEEE sorting on subcategories;
- possibility to check the WEEE stock managed on behalf of ECOTIC producers;
- storage conditions that limit the polluting potential effects of WEEE.
3. WEEE TREATMENT FLOWS
The treatment processes of the ECOTIC partners ensure above all, are the removal and the disposal in terms of work safety and environmental protection:
- components containing hazardous substances: heavy metals, substances that deplete the ozone layer;
- electrolytic capacitors;
- mercury components;
The full range of processes carried out by ECOTIC operators is continuously monitored in order to ensure that high quality processes are developed, in compliance with all legal requirements regarding health, safety and environmental protection factors.
Field monitoring activities of collection processes, treatment and recovery of WEEE, are done by the Area Representative with extensive experience and qualifications in the following areas:
- Safety and Occupational Health
- Waste management
The photos were made with the support of Greenweee International.