PROJECT CO-FUNDED BY A GRANT FROM SWITZERLAND THROUGH SWISS CONTRIBUTIONS FOR ENLARGED EU.
In the project „RRResponsible: Act responsibly, act solidary - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, providing a new opportunity for disadvantaged people” the Executive and Management Organization is ECOTIC and Ateliere Fara Frontiere is the Partener.
The specific objectives of the project are the following:
1. Promote new and innovative initiatives that contribute to environmental protection and improvement
2. Better visibility and public image for the environmental NGOs in order to increase the public trust in civic initiatives, both as an actor for community mobilization and for the participation as a partner in dialogue and consultation with practical expertise in the field, in order to initiate legislative or public policies in the territory.
The amount accessed through this campaign is CHF 73.948.
The amount contributed by the Executive Agency and the Partner is 8215.92 CHF.
The activities take place between 01.07.2013 - 30.06.2014.
The campaign took the name of the Project „RRResponsible: Act responsibly, act solidarily - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, providing a new opportunity for disadvantaged people ”runs until 30.05.2014 in 12 schools in 12 communities across the country. The cities covered are: Alexandria, Cluj, Giurgiu, Buzau, Tulcea, Piatra Neamt, Bacau, Ploiesti, Oradea, Timisoara, Brasov, Bucharest.
In each city the following activities will take place:
- a visit at a local school that would include 40 students and 2 teachers, 1 representative of the city hall or local authority, 1 recycling operator, 5 NGO representatives per community, 1 private company. The topics are the following: environmental protection, sustainable development, education and awareness on selective waste collection. During these visits, the students and the teachers will demonstrate in front of the guests their preoccupation for a clean environment, through art objects produced from WEEE.
- subequently, these students will be invited to visits to specialized companies for a better explanation of the whole process of recycling.
The top 3 schools will win new IT&C equipment based on the amount of WEEE collected. Details here.
1. Seminar on WEEELABEX Standards that target the WEEE treatment operations. The aim of the seminar is to facilitate the implementation of the Standards by the recycling companies. This seminar took place from October 24 to 26, 2013. Details here.
Ateliere Fara Frontiere organizes:
1. ASSOCLIC 2013 Phase II - call for the projects that aim at identifying structures in Romania who will use the computer as a tool for education, training and / or integration of disadvantaged people by selecting and equipping the best projects with reconditioned computer packs.
The project is addressed to NGOs, schools, museums and libraries of state and social institutions that present a project in one of the eligible fields: education through access to IT&C, integration / reintegration - which stimulates autonomy of persons assisted through access to IT&C, training through access to IT&C and other projects targeting social impact in the community.
For the second stage of Assoclic 2013, launched on September 23 had been allocated 500 refurbished computers and the deadline for the entries is November 11, 2013.
2. Hand over Contest „Give IT! A contest for digital solidarity „, held between October 3 to November 15, addressed to companies with waste electrical and electronic equipment. The scope of the action is to recycle or recondition equipment collected in order to be donated to NGOs and educational institutions that carry out educational programs to support children, young people and people in need.
3. Seminar held to aware companies regarding environmental NGOs actions, in late November.
4. Workshops for the development of NGOs in advocacy and lobbying for improved dynamics and environmental policy. It will be held during January-July 2014
5. Getting EMAS certification during January-July 2014
The expected results in the project are focused on at least 3,000 students, parents and teachers targeted by the campaigns messages. In turn, these people will disseminate the information on recycling and protecting the environment and empowering the right attitude towards waste and recycling.
Another result of the project is to strengthen the organizational and operational capacity of more than 150 NGOs, through the second phase of Assoclic.
Raising awareness of 100 private companies on reuse of waste equipment by donating the equipment to NGOs and educational institutions.
Swiss Contribution website is www.swiss-contribution.ro