June 5, 2022 - World Environment Day
The Vaslui Environmental Protection Agency celebrates World Environment Day, the main ecological event of public information and environmental action, in order to encourage and raise public awareness of the need to protect the environment for future generations and the responsible management of the planet's natural resources.
World Environment Day was established in 1972 by the United Nations General Assembly for the Stockholm Conference on Human Ecology, which is the most important element of the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP). Celebrated every year on June 5, this day is one of the main ways in which the United Nations promotes global awareness of environmental issues and strengthens policy action in this area.
This year, the slogan #OnlyOneEarth / "We have one planet Earth!", Advocates for transformative environmental change on a global scale and wants to celebrate the planet through collective environmental action. This year's slogan focuses on actions for climate, nature and anti-pollution, while encouraging everyone, everywhere, to live sustainably.
Climate change, loss of nature, biodiversity and waste pollution are evidence that the Earth is red. The energy crisis, as well as the food crisis, which followed the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as the growing conflict around the world are additional concerns. The way out of this crisis is collective action to restore the balance between people and the natural environment to create a better future for all.
As our individual consumer choices make a difference, collective action will create the environmental change we need so that we can progress toward a more sustainable Earth where everyone can thrive. The good news is that solutions and technology exist and are becoming more affordable.
Vaslui Environmental Protection Agency marks World Environment Day 2022 through a series of activities:
- Interactive workshop on drawing, painting, modeling clay organized in partnership with the City Hall of Bârlad, Ioan Popescu Pedagogical High School Bârlad, “NN Tonitza” Arts School Bârlad and “Stroe S. Belloescu” Municipal Library Bârlad on 05.06.2022, at the Public Garden Bârlad, starting with 10.00, with the theme "OnlyOneEarth /" We have one planet Earth! ".
Through art, anything can be expressed, from a simple jerky vision that springs from the unconscious of our psyche, turning into a matter of reflection or self-reflection to the most abstract hypotheses.
At the interactive workshop organized on the occasion of the celebration of World Environment Day 2022, students of all ages are invited to creatively create interesting compositions. Art is the secret language of children, of expressing opinions and concepts that I still cannot verbalize. The importance of art in child development is praised by parents, psychologists, education professionals and pediatricians because it offers a deep perspective on the creativity and emotions of children. Thus, the interactive workshop, using the innocent imagination of the children, promotes the awareness of the appreciation of the environment and at the same time the team work. The participants will be helped to complete the works by students from the Pedagogical High School "Ioan Popescu" and the School of Arts "NN Tonitza" Bârlad, visual arts profile, together with them will plan the composition and will do it patiently. Students will be able to complete their work in two hours in graphics, painting or modeling in clay.
- Exhibition of drawings and art objects organized in partnership with the Ion Mincu Vaslui Technological High School with the theme "OnlyOneEarth /" We have one planet Earth! ". Students will demonstrate how well they know the importance of protecting the environment, through eco-themed drawings and an exhibition of objects made from recyclable materials;
- The “Open Doors” campaign at the Vaslui Environmental Protection Agency in the week of May 30 - June 3, 2022, for all those curious to find out about the activity of the institution (students and teachers will visit the laboratory of our institution).
- Information and awareness campaign organized in partnership with Bârlad City Hall and local schools on selective waste collection on 05.06.2022. The aim of the information campaign is to reduce the amount of waste deposited in landfills, increase the share of recyclable waste collected selectively and its final recovery, forming the moral and civic attitude of young people / citizens on solving environmental problems and a way healthy living;
- WEEE information and waste collection campaign organized by the ECOTIC Organization in partnership with the City Hall of Vaslui and the Agency for Environmental Protection of Vaslui in Vaslui, between 02-06.06.2022;
- WEEE information and waste collection campaign organized by ECOTIC in partnership with Huși City Hall and Vaslui Environmental Protection Agency in Huși, between 02-06.06.2022;
The WEEE information and collection campaigns aim to inform citizens about the importance of separate collection of waste electrical and electronic equipment and waste batteries and accumulators, as well as the actual collection of this type of waste. The importance of separate collection encourages us to organize such campaigns to be closer to people and to show them: how to proceed, what happens to the waste delivered, how we help to protect the environment;
- educational activities with students from the partner schools.
The celebration of World Environment Day gives us the opportunity to analyze the negative effects that our actions have on the environment, but also the measures we need to take in the future to restore what carelessness and unconsciousness have destroyed. At the same time, it is a welcome signal and urge to act united to save our natural heritage, which we have a duty to leave untouched for future generations.