Between June 28 and July 25, 2013, in the rural area of Suceava county, a campaign was carried out to collect electrical and electronic waste (WEEE) from the population. The campaign, organized by ECOTIC and Ecorec Recycling Bacau in partnership with the Environmental Protection Agency Suceava, aimed to increase the involvement and awareness of local public administration and the rural population in the county in the selective collection of these types of waste for their introduction in the capitalization and recycling circuit.
The program included, besides the informative-educational side and a practical component, that of separate collection of waste electrical and electronic equipment by offering to and through the authorized collector solutions for a community problem still not fully solved locally: separate collection of waste electrical and electronic equipment.
During the above mentioned period, an Ecorec Recycling car passed through the communes and villages participating in the project, parking for at least one day. The population was invited to hand over the WEEE they have to specialized personnel.
The organizers motivated the population with ecological spirit, in this case, the people who handed over an equipment, with a symbolic prize.
A little over 17 tons of WEEE were collected from:
- Păltinoasa locality - 1820 kg WEEE;
- Ciprian Porumbescu locality -1450 kg WEEE;
- Drăgoiești locality - 1762 kg WEEE;
- Mălini locality - 290 kg WEEE;
- Capu Câmpului locality - 1504 kg WEEE;
- Boroaia locality - 950 Kg WEEE;
- Bogdănești locality - 962 kg WEEE;
- Drăgoișeti locality - 736 kg WEEE;
- Vadu Moldovei locality - 1635 kg WEEE;
- Fântâna Mare locality - 604 kg WEEE;
- Rădășeni locality - 632 kg WEEE;
- Părteștii de Jos locality - 1592 kg WEEE;
- Botoșana locality - 1886 kg WEEE;
- Cacica locality - 658 kg WEEE;
- Sucevita locality - 726 kg WEEE.
Thanks to those who understood the message of recycling and contributed to protecting the environment!
The Project Regulations are available here.
The press release given at the start of the campaign is available here.