- October 7, 2019 - June 20, 2020
- schools (grades 0-VIII) in Romania.
The registration form of the educational institutions is available here
The campaign will take place in 150 schools nationwide.
The campaign is based on the development of 2 types of activities by schools:
Type 1 activity: WEEE and DBA collection
WEEE collection and DBA collection by involving the entire community (parents, students, teachers, neighbors, etc.) of which the school is part and handing them over to the organizers.
o Criteria for awarding the score:
1 kg of WEEE collected = 1 pct
1 kg of DBA collected = 2 points
Type 2 activity: Ecological education
Teachers who enter the competition will receive a number of 9 lessons - 1 introductory lesson and then one lesson per month - which they will have to apply in class. The lessons will contain both a theoretical and a practical part, consisting of exercises, essays, grid tests or other practical activities of the teacher's choice. By carrying out these lessons and practical activities, each school will obtain a score which will then be cumulated with the score for the type 1 activity, respectively the collection of WEEE and DBAs.
All the activities mentioned above must take place in the "School of Ecoterrians" campaign and must not be related to any other action or campaign. If the organizers notice that the same activities have been included in other ECO projects, in addition to the current project, or have been carried out prior to the current project, participants will be disqualified. The results of the activities carried out by the educational institutions included in the project will be evaluated by the evaluation commission between May 15 and June 1, 2020. Each school enrolled in the campaign and which performed type 2 activities will be evaluated taking into account the criteria in Annex 3 a of this Regulation.
The stages of the contest are the following:
- Launch of the school registration announcement - October 7, 2019
- Registration of applications for school enrollment - October 7 - October 27, 2019 (the registration period can be extended until the registration of a number of 150 educational institutions)
- Participation of school representatives registered for the webinar on project stages - October 31, 2019
- Submission of KITs for teachers - October 20 - November 20, 2019
- Preparation and development of activities (type 1 and type 2 activities - detailing in Section 5) by schools within the campaign "School of Ecoterrians" - October 7, 2019 (after registration) until May 15, 2020.
- Final collection of WEEE and DBA - May 15-29, 2020
- Evaluation of results and selection of winners for type 2 activity - May 15 - June 1, 2020.
- Announcement of results of type 1 activity between 1 and 30 June 2020. The regulation is available here.