ECOTIC, in partnership with City Hall of Sector 3 si Rosal Group, launched an initiative consisting in the implementation of a WEEE street collection system in Sector 3 of the capital within the project Steps for WEEE. The initiative involves the development of an infrastructure for the collection of waste electrical and electronic equipmentit is small, by placing in the public space and with easy access a number of 15 collection containers.
The project thus responds to a problem identified and confirmed by the recent study conducted by ECOTIC and the United Nations University, namely the faulty habits of Romanians when it comes to giving up small household appliances. We now know that most of these equipments end up in the garbage, a situation harmful both for the environment and for the recycling industry of Romania and the situation of our country in relation to the national targets for WEEE collection and recycling.
Bucharest can be an example of good practice at national level; this partnership at the level of Sector 3 effectively brings to the street red containers, clearly marked and inscribed, located next to the rest of the selective collection containers in Sector 3. Their purpose is to increase the level of awareness and selective collection of small WEEE in the Sector 3 from Bucharest.
We encourage you to look for and use these containers; let your friends and acquaintances know that, from now on, there is a new and handy system to get rid of small electronics. It is an initiative meant to contribute to a Bucharest that the future can find greener, cleaner and more responsible. The containers are located in the following locations:
- 1 Decembrie Street, intersection with Bicaz Dam
- 1 Decembrie Street, intersection with Laceni
- 1 Decembrie Street, intersection with Postavarului
- Nicolae Grigorescu Street, intersection with Burdujeni
- Nicolae Grigorescu Street, intersection with Peco OMV
- Nicolae Grigorescu Street, intersection with Lunca Bradului
- Unirii Boulevard intersection with Anton Pann Street
- Liviu Rebreanu Street, intersection with Odobesti Street
- Mihai Bravu Street, intersection with Rond Baba Novac
- Nicolae Grigorescu Street, intersection with Stanila Alley
- Mircea Voda Street intersection with Nerva Traian Street
- Matei Basarab Street intersection with Labirint Street
- Corneliu Coposu Boulevard intersection with Iuliu Barasch Street
- Nerva Traian Boulevard intersection with Panait Cerna Street
- Constantin Brancusi Street, intersection with Rond Gloria
The project is supported by funds provided by the Government of Norway through the Norwegian Grants 2009-2014 in the field of financing Green Innovation in Industry in Romania.