Clean cities, the itinerant ECOTIC campaign, dedicated to the collection of used electrical and electronic equipment from the urban environment, makes a new stop, this time, in the city of Timișoara.
In period July 23 - 27, 2018, ECOTIC in partnership with the Ministry of Environment and RETIM, encourages the citizens of Timisoara to hand over correctly for recycling waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE), following that for the delivery of a waste of at least 5kg cumulated, to receive an instant prize.
The collection centers are located as follows:
- The Ecotic Tent - Nicolae Ilieşu Street (in the parking lot next to the gymnasium school no. 25), between 23.07.2018/27.07.2018/09 and 00/17/00 (XNUMX:XNUMX -XNUMX: XNUMX)
- Calea Torontalului no. 94; during the period 23.07.2018- 27.07.2018 (09:00 -15: 00)
- Calea Şagului no. 147 / G; , during the period 23.07.2018- 27.07.2018 (09:00 -15: 00)
- Calea Moşniţei no. 2; , during the period 23.07.2018- 27.07.2018 (09:00 -15: 00)
- Aleea Avram Imbroane no. 70; during the period 23.07.2018- 27.07.2018 (09:00 -15: 00)
"Through the current campaign we want to inform and raise awareness among the Timisoara public about the importance of selective collection. We encourage citizens to hand over waste electrical and electronic equipment correctly, we provide them with collection points, hoping that this behavior will be taken over in terms of collecting other types of waste "says Milan Uncianschi, RETIM representative.
Romania, as an EU member state, has the obligation to reach a target of 45% collection of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) by 2020. In this regard, ECOTIC continues its efforts to raise awareness among the population.
"Clean cities" is the ECOTIC campaign that pursues this goal in the urban environment. Together with local public and environmental authorities, ECOTIC has informed and continues to inform residents of dozens of cities across the country about the need to collect WEEE, providing specialized collection points.
In 2017 and in the first part of 2018, ECOTIC carried out 31 campaigns that informed approximately 320.000 people and led to the collection of 50 tons of WEEE.