Clean Cities, the ECOTIC itinerant campaign, dedicated to the collection of used electrical and electronic equipment from the urban environment, makes new stops in April: Fălticeni, Câmpia Turzii, Borșa and Urziceni.
In period April 15 - 19, 2019, ECOTIC in partnership with Câmpia Turzii City Hall and Câmpia Turzii Sanitation Company, Borșa City Hall and Borșa Public Utilities Service, ATU Fălticeni Municipality and Gascom Fălticeni and during 15-April 20 2019, in partnership with the City Hall of Urziceni and ROSAL, encourages the citizens of Câmpia Turzii, Borșa, Fălticeni and Urziceni to hand over correctly for recycling waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE).
Local partnerships, home WEEE collection services, expansion of collection infrastructure, campaigns addressing both companies and the general public the inhabitants of Câmpia Turzii and Borșa who will hand over waste of at least 5kg cumulated will receive an instant prize. In Fălticeni, the inhabitants who will hand over waste of at least 15kg cumulated will receive an instant prize.
The citizens of Urziceni who will hand over waste between 20kg and 40kg cumulated will receive a voucher worth 10 lei, and for waste over 40 kg cumulated, a voucher worth 20 lei. Those who will hand over waste of more than 5kg cumulated will be automatically entered in the raffle, and can win attractive prizes: vacuum cleaner, food processor or mixers.
- Câmpia Turzii - Str. Unirii Square, no. 16C - Fair Platform, from Monday to Friday between 10:00 and 16:00.
- Borșa - Borșa Public Utilities Service - str. Lazuci no. 5 (town hall garages), open from 8:00 to 16:00.
- In front of Fălticeni City Hall - str. Republicii no. 13
- At the Goscom headquarters - 13 Decembrie street no. 25
- Urziceni - Calea Bucharest street no. 22. The raffle will be organized on the plateau in front of the Culture House of the Trade Unions from Urziceni on April 20, 2019 at 13:00
At the same time, the inhabitants of Câmpia Turzii, Fălticeni and Urziceni can benefit from a free service. Thus, the collection of waste of large and bulky electrical and electronic equipment will be done from home, based on a prior appointment at telephone numbers:
- Câmpia Turzii - 0264365770 (Sanitation Company), callable between 7:00 and 15:00, during the campaign.
- Fălticeni - 0230542056 (City Hall) or 0230541319 (Goscom - only during the campaign). Waste collection will take place on Friday, April 19.04.2019, XNUMX
- Urziceni - 0243250202 or 0786 429 649
Romania, as an EU member state, has the obligation to reach a target of 45% collection of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) by 2020. In this regard, ECOTIC continues its efforts to raise awareness among the population.
"We try to bring the concept of separate collection of recyclable waste as close as possible to the citizens. Through these campaigns we encourage residents to selectively hand over recyclable waste (paper / cardboard, plastics / PET, glass, metal and electrical and electronic equipment) and, implicitly, to protect the environment, ”says Mr. Sava Constantin, mayor of Urziceni.
"Clean Cities" is the ECOTIC campaign that pursues this goal in the urban environment. Together with local public and environmental authorities, ECOTIC has informed and continues to inform residents of dozens of cities across the country about the need to collect WEEE, providing specialized collection points.
In 2017 and 2018, ECOTIC carried out over 35 campaigns that informed over 400.000 people.