Wednesday, January 18, 2017 ECOTIC organized the legislative seminar "2017: New responsibilities for EEE & BA producers".
The agenda of the seminar was:
- 10.30 - 10.40 Valentin Negoita, President of the ECOTIC Association - Opening of the seminar
- 10.40 - 10.55 Mihaela Frăsineanu, GEO 39/2016 and OM 2413/2016, from the perspective Ministry of the Environment, taking into account the provisions referring to OUG 5 / 2015
- 10.55 - 11.05: Georgeta Elisabeta Ionescu, GEO 39/2016 and OM 2413/2016, from the perspective Environmental Fund Administration
- 11.05 - 11.50: Av Magdalena Popescu - Legislative presentation GEO 39/2016 and OM 2413/2016
- 12.05 - 12.20 Raul Pop - Impact of GEO 39/2016 and OM 2413/2016
- 12.20 - 12.30 Dragos Calugaru - The impact of legislative novelties from the ECOTIC perspective
- 12.30 - 13.30: Questionnaire from the Manufacturers
Through this seminar, ECOTIC met the clarification needs of the affiliated producers regarding OUG 39/2016 and OM 2413/2016*. The large number of people present (over 150) confirms the need for such meetings that bring together all actors involved: central authorities, specialists in the field, responsibility transfer organizations and producers.
During the seminar, the representatives of the authorities mentioned that good practice guides will be developed in the area of waste management. Another aspect mentioned is the awareness and information regarding the National Waste Management Plan. They also detailed the conditions under which the new contributions introduced by GEO 39/2016 apply.
From the producers, questions were asked regarding the implementation in the field of the current legislative framework, the one regarding the coverage area of the Environment Fund Administration.
One conclusion of the seminar was that there are legislative issues that are still unclear for EEE & BA producers. In this sense, ECOTIC will continue the dialogue with the environmental authorities in order to ensure the flow of information and consultancy offered to producers.
* GEO 39/2016 and OM 2413/2016 - the obligations of EEE & BA producers to the Administration of the Environmental Fund. Full legislative documents are available here.