Electric waste collection campaign in Botoșani county.
Botoșani, April 1.04.2021 ,XNUMX. Between April 1 and 24, the inhabitants of Botoșani County are encouraged to be actively involved in environmental protection through the separate collection of electrical and electronic waste (including light bulbs and neon lights).
ECOTIC with his partners Botoșani City Hall, Mihai Eminescu Commune City Hall, Curtești Commune City Hall, APM Botoșani, UrbanServ, ECOPROCES Intercommunity Development Association and Eltrans Botoșani organizes waste collection campaigns for electrical and electronic equipment in Botoșani municipality and in the communes of Curtești and Mihai Eminescu.
The inhabitants of Botoșani municipality and from the communes of Curtești and Mihai Eminescu have at their disposal during the campaign:
- FREE collection of bulky waste from home (eg washing machine, refrigerator, etc.). The order will be made by phone at the numbers 0231 517 007 or 0747 081 027 for the municipality of Botoșani and at 0756 326 842 for the communes of Curtești and Mihai Eminescu. The takeover from home will take place between 19 - 24.04 for Botoșani and on April 24, 2021 for the communes of Curtești and Mihai Eminescu.
- Delivery to collection points
- Agrifood Market - str. Vârnav, no. 22, parking lot Piața Viilor (Monday 09:00 - 16:00)
- Association no. 36 (str. Aprodu Purice - back of the Convenience Store) (Tuesday and Thursday 09:00 - 16:00)
- Association no. 63 (str. Independenței - opposite Serconf) (Wednesday 09:00 - 16:00 and Friday 09:00
Curtești commune: Curtești City Hall, str. Principală no. 118, Curtești village, (0743190556)
Commune Mihai Eminescu: Ipotești Cultural Center (09:00 - 15:00, tel: 0740304755).
Every person who delivers electrical waste over 20 kg in Botosani, and over 15 kg in the 2 communes receives an instant prize - an umbrella.
“Electrical equipment waste contains hazardous substances that, once in nature, pollute in the long run, thus impacting our health, the health of all. It is important to understand that they must be collected separately at dedicated collection points. Thus, together with our partners we organized these campaigns to come to the aid of the inhabitants of Botoșani County, providing them with collection points and free lifting services from home. ” says Florin Catz, EST Zonal Coordinator, ECOTIC Association.
Campaigns "Clean Cities" and "Clean Communes" are part of the national information campaign "Be with you in the country as well as abroad”, Organized by ECOTIC in partnership with the Ministry of Environment, Waters and Forests. Its purpose is to contribute to the awareness of the Romanian public regarding the correct behavior towards a type of waste: WEEE - waste electrical and electronic equipment.