Zero Pollution for healthier people and a healthier planet
Press release, Bucharest, May 20, 2021
Pollution is the most important environmental cause that causes multiple mental and physical illnesses, as well as premature deaths, especially among children, people with certain medical conditions and the elderly. But pollution does not affect us all equally. People living in disadvantaged areas often live near contaminated areas or with extremely heavy traffic. Pollution is also one of the causes of biodiversity loss. This reduces the ability of ecosystems to provide services such as carbon sequestration and decontamination.
- In period May 21 - June 11, ecological education platform Green Guerrilla organizes a series of actions aimed at drawing public attention to this subject, under the umbrella of the European Commission's environmental initiative, #EUGreenWeek or European Green Week, this year's edition is dedicated to "the ambition to reduce pollution to zero".
- At European level, EU Green Week will examine other relevant European Green Pact initiatives, such as climate change initiatives, the future chemicals strategy, and initiatives in the fields of energy, industry, mobility, agriculture, fisheries, health and biodiversity. .
- Friday, May 28. Because pollution affects us all, through the air we breathe, the water we drink or the land where we grow food, the event that opens the series of actions Guerrilla Verde #EUGreenWeek will make an x-ray of the current situation in Romania and efforts to combat pollution through civil society initiatives. It will be broadcast LIVE on the Facebook page of the platform on Friday, May 28, at 11.00. The guests of the event are: László Borbély, State Councilor, Coordinator of the Department of Sustainable Development; Ema Cumpata, Communication Coordinator, Ecotic Organization; Mircea Ilia, Sustainability Leader, IKEA Romania; Oana Neneciu, Executive Director, Ecopolis; Dan Barbulescu, Director of the Natural Park Association; Roxana Puia, Marketing Director, Environ; Anca Lupusavai, Marketing Director, Recolamp; Georgiana Badălică-Petrescu, Marketing & Brand Manager, Green Group; Nicoleta Talpes, Moderator, Green Guerrilla
- Friday, June 4. Under the umbrella #EUGreenWeek takes place this year the event "Action Plan for Circular Economy", organized by the University of West Timisoara, in partnership with Guerrilla Verde, with the participation of the founding members of the environmental education platform. The event is part of the "Green Week in UVT", and the central theme of the event is dedicated to the circular economy. It will take place on Friday, June 4, from 12.00-16.00, and will be broadcast LIVE on Facebook / GuerrillaVerde.ro
- Wednesday, June 09. In order to explain the science behind climate change, as well as to create a framework for debate for researchers and journalists & communicators, the InfoClima.ro platform launches on this occasion the first edition of a new concept, InfoClima Press Club, an event addressed to Romanian journalists interested in environmental issues and climate change. This interactive event aims to identify answers to the question "Romania's climate in 100 years from now - what will it look like and what to expect?", Together with Dr. Roxana Bojariu, First Degree Scientific Researcher, coordinator of the Research Group on climate variability and change and chairman of the scientific council within the National Meteorological Administration. The event takes place on the Zoom platform, on Wednesday, June 9, from 11.00 to 12.00, and requires pre-registration here https://forms.gle/TQNwCDeJrTpd55my5.
- Thursday, June 10. Representatives of some Swedish companies will contribute with examples of good practices in the field of pollution reduction, in a webinar supported by the Swedish Embassy in Bucharest, broadcast LIVE on Facebook / GuerrillaVerde.ro, on Thursday, June 10, from 11.00-12.00.
The calendar of actions carried out under the #EUGreenWeek umbrella also includes a workshop addressed to primary school students, meant to explain to them what the ecological footprint is and how we can turn it into a positive one. The workshop is presented by specialists of the InfoClima.ro platform, on Tuesday, June 8, at 10.00, and involves pre-registration here https://forms.gle/YQ6BkLcTGYCcAhBn9.
At the same time, between May 21 and June 11, the online public will be able to participate in a series of contests with weekly prizes offered by the Alucro & Every Can Counts Romania Association, held on Facebook & Instagram Guerrilla Verde, which have the role of increasing the degree awareness on environmental issues, but also on the solutions we have at our disposal - recycling, reducing consumption, etc.
About Green Guerrilla
Known since 2009 as the first film caravan with an ecological message in Romania, in 2020 Guerrilla Verde became a digital platform dedicated to environmental education to support the formation of an informed and responsible society in Romania. Behind this idea is Media Image Factory, an agency specialized in communicating projects with social impact, which 11 years ago launched a new concept for Romania at that time - environmental education through documentary film, through events and debates organized in schools, classrooms, amphitheaters, performance halls, cinemas and alternative spaces.