The campaign "Recycle with ECOTIC!" has as aim the selective collection of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) and waste batteries and accumulators (WBA). It is addressed to public organizations and private companies for free disposal of electrical and electronic equipment and waste batteries and accumulators.
The program runs from November 4, 2013 - November 25, 2014, as follows:
- November 4, 2013 - launch of the campaign;
- November 4, 2013 - November 25, 2014 - collection of waste from public institutions and private companies that want to hand over WEEE and / or WBA, according to the Regulation of the campaign. November 25, 2014 is the last day when you can ask for the pick up for WEEE and / or WBA in the project “Recycle with ECOTIC”.
- December 9, 2014 - draw of the winners of the 6 prizes (tablets);
- December 10, 2014 - announcement of the winners, who handed over the largest quantity of WEEE and WBA, and of the winners of the draw;
- December 2014 - the winners will receive their prize at “For a clean environment!” - award ceremony, (date will be announced later on this web page).
Who can participate?
This campaign is opened to public organizations, private companies and non-profit associations who wish to hand over electrical and electronicequipment waste and waste batteries and accumulators.
In this campaign there are automatically enrolled the public and private companies that hand over WEEE and WBA to ECOTIC by taking into consideration the Project Regulation.
There are excluded from the campaign the following types of entities: collection operators, sanitation operators, local authorities, retail shops of electronics, schools and companies involved in other ECOTIC campaigns.
How to send an order for the pick up of WEEE and or WBA?
Public and private companies have to send an to the e-mail address: email@example.com for picking up WEEE and / or WBA, the following information: estimated quantity, type of waste, pickup address, contact person, telephone number.
Organizers send a collector to pick up the waste to the location specified by the participant, within a maximum of 10 days from receipt of the order. To optimize the process there is a minimum amount to be handed over, calculated for each lift in part, 150 kg for WEEE and 3 kg for WBA. If the amount that the participants want to hand over is lower than the minimum required, the pick will be programmed in accordance to the collectors availability. Public organizations or private companies that hand over a quantity of electrical and electronic waste and / or waste batteries and accumulators that’s lower than the minimum required to get registered in the campaign are not registered in the campaign.
What are the campaign prizes?
The Grand prize is awarded to the company / institution who hands over the largest amount of WEEE in the campaign. The winner will receive a voucher for the purchase of ornamental plants for office / yards of 500 Euro (without VAT).
The Grand prize for WBA, for handing the largest amounts of WBA in the campaign will receive a voucher for the purchase of ornamental plants for office / yards worth 250 Euro (without VAT) .The data will be centralized and on 9 December 2014, at the ECOTIC headquarters will take place the draw, assisted by a committee consisting of representatives of the organizers, and by a public notary.
There will be awarded additional prizes. These awards are:
• 3 tablets worth about 360 Euro (120 Euro per piece), for the companies enrolled in the project at WEEE category.
• 3 tablets worth about 360 Euro (120 Euro per piece), for the companies enrolled in the project at WBA category.