Ziarul Financiar organized on September 16, the conference "How do we clean Romania?", The event being attended by representatives of companies directly involved in the area of environmental protection, recycling, waste collection, large corporations, and environmental authorities.
The following issues were discussed:
- Ways to inform and encourage the population to selectively collect and recycle
- What can Romania learn from the experience of the western states?
- What is the optimal combination of incentives between the positive ones (eg vouchers) and the punitive ones (taxes on the collected waste)?
- What role can tenant associations play in promoting collection and recycling (instead of common dumpsters, separate containers)?
- What is the value of the recycling market and how can we encourage the green industry?
- How do companies get involved in environmental protection? How can companies contribute to educating employees to comply with environmental standards and to have a cleaner country?
Speakers of this event were Viorica Paraschiv - Commissioner, Waste Management Service at the National Environmental Guard, Valentin Negoita - President of ECOTIC, Radu Opaina - Founder of the Federation of Owners Associations in Romania, Augusta Tepes - Marketing Client Manager, Carrefour Romania, Roxana Sunica - Recolamp Marketing Manager, Ionut Georgescu, General Manager, Intersemat.