PROJECT CO-FINANCED BY A GRANT FROM SWITZERLAND THROUGH THE SWISS CONTRIBUTION TO THE ENLARGED EUROPEAN UNION
Within the Project "RRResponsible: be responsible, be supportive - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, giving a new chance to disadvantaged people" The executive agency is the ECOTIC Association, and Ateliere Fara Frontiere is a partner.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Promoting new and innovative initiatives that contribute to the protection and improvement of the environment
- Improving the visibility and public image of environmental NGOs, in order to increase public confidence in civic initiatives, both as an actor to mobilize the community, and for participation as a partner for dialogue and consultation with practical expertise in the field, for initiatives legislation or the implementation of public policies in the territory
The amount accessed through this campaign amounts to CHF 73.948.
The amount representing the contribution of the Executive Agency and the Partner is CHF 8.215,92.
The activities take place between 01.07.2013 - 30.06.2014.
The campaign that took the name of the Project, "RRResponsible: be responsible, be supportive - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, giving a new chance to disadvantaged people" is running until 30.05.2014 in 12 schools in 12 communities in the country. The targeted cities are: Alexandria, Cluj, Giurgiu, Buzau, Tulcea, Piatra Neamt, Bacau, Ploiesti, Oradea, Timisoara, Brasov, Bucharest.
In each school will be organized the following activities: a visit where will be present: 40 students and 2 teachers, 1 representative of the mayor's office or local authority, 1 recycling operator, 5 representatives of the NGO sector per community; 1 private company, the theme being environmental protection, sustainable development, education and awareness on selective waste collection. During these visits, students will demonstrate to their guests their involvement in protecting the environment through projects carried out by students and teachers, but also skill, creating art objects from WEEE. Subsequently, visits will be organized with these students to specialized companies to better explain the whole recycling process. The campaign "RRResponsible: be responsible, be supportive - Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, giving a new chance to disadvantaged people", which takes place in the 12 schools, involves the concomitant development of the ECOS school competition, which involves collecting WEEE in those schools, the most large 3 quantities collected will bring new IT&C equipment to the respective schools. For more details click here.
Other activities targeted by ECOTIC are:
1. WEEELABEX Seminar - The WEEELABEX standard covers WEEE treatment operations. The purpose of the seminar is to facilitate the process of implementing the Standard at the level of recycling companies. This seminar takes place between October 24 and 26, 2013. Details here.
Ateliere Fara Frontiere also organizes:
1. ASSOCLIC 2013 Stage II - call for projects aimed at identifying in Romania the structures that want to use the computer as a tool for education, training and / or integration of disadvantaged people by selecting and equipping the best projects with reconditioned computer packs so that the initiatives to become a reality.
The project is addressed to non-governmental organizations, educational institutions, state museums and libraries and social institutions that present a project in one of the eligible fields: education through access to IT&C, integration / reintegration - which stimulates the autonomy of people assisted by access to IT&C, training through access to IT&C or other projects aimed at a social impact in the community.
For the second stage of Assoclic in 2013, launched on September 23, 500 reconditioned computers were allocated, and the deadline for project registration is November 11, 2013.
2. The “Give IT! A digital solidarity contest ", organized between October 3 and November 15, addressed to companies that own waste electrical and electronic equipment. The purpose of the action is to recycle or recondition the equipment collected to be donated to NGOs and educational institutions that carry out educational programs in support of children, young people and people in difficulty.
3. Seminar organized to sensitize companies on the actions of NGOs for environmental protection that will take place at the end of November
4. Organizing working groups for the development of NGO competencies in advocacy and lobbying for the dynamization and improvement of public environmental policies during January - July 2014
5. Obtaining EMAS certification during January - July 2014
The expected results in the project are materialized in at least 3000 students, parents and teachers affected by the messages of the campaign carried out in schools. In turn, these people will disseminate information on recycling and environmental protection and hold everyone accountable for the right attitude towards waste and its recycling.
Another result of the project aims to strengthen the organizational and operational capacity of over 150 NGOs, by organizing two stages of the Assoclic program.
The sensitization of 100 private companies regarding the reuse of used equipment by donating them to NGOs and educational institutions, is another expected result of the project.
The site of the Swiss contribution is www.swiss-contribution.ro